Toad Data Model 6.5 is slow

Hello Daryl,

After seeing your reply to my post, I tested my other data model [Lets assume model B]. Model B has 46 workspaces. I did some edit to this model, but TDM is struggling to save my work.

In other TDM file [ Let’s assume model A], model A has 416 workspaces.

Model A – 416 Workspaces – Created 05/11/2018 – Last Modified 01/22/2019

Model B – 46 Workspaces – Created 11/28/2018 – Last Modified 01/17/2019

Please direct me if my understanding is not correct:

1. You said you have not tested model which has more than 30 workspace – Does this means that TDM file should have only less than 30 workspaces?
  2. If so how I am able to create 400 plus workspaces in Model A without any performance issue? I started getting this issue since 01/18/2019.
  3. Is there any limitation on workspace count ?

In Model A – Business requirements is to create multiple ER diagrams in separate workspace, that’s the reason it took me to create 416 workspaces. I will try to minimize the workspace count, maybe one or two. Out of 416 it’s a BIG challenge to reduce the count to 30.

Please advise if there is any work around to fix this issue, at this moment I am unable to work on any existing TDM file.

I dropped 4 workspaces and saved the file, later when I do model verification – TDM got stuck. Let me know if you need the model to test.

Note: I took this issue to Toad technical team SR Number:4435105. Rod from technical support connected with me on 01/22 in webex and helped me to uninstall and reinstall TDM 6.5.4, assuming reinstallation will fix this issue. But no luck.

I found a thread related to limitation on workspace, please find the attached screen snap.

Thanks !!
Rajesh