Toad Data Point Oracle scheduling issues

Using Toad Data Point for Oracle for scheduling. First time tried to create a new job task in the scheduling option but I am getting the below error message:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520)
Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.V2Interop.ITaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String Path, ITaskDefinition pDefinition, Int32 flags, Object UserId, Object password, TaskLogonType LogonType, Object sddl)
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String path, TaskDefinition definition, TaskCreation createType, String userId, String password, TaskLogonType logonType, String sddl)
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskEditDialog.okBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

Can someone help please

If you can outline the steps you're using within the product that leads to this error, then it would be easier to troubleshoot... thanks.

Hi @Gary.Jerep !
I am getting the same error. I had successfully created jobs just a couple of weeks ago, but now I get this error. This was on Toad version 5.4; I haven't upgraded to 5.5 yet.

1. Bring up Job Manager.
  2. add a new task
  3. name it; add a trigger (date and time).
  4. add an event (browse to an automate script) and select.
  5. save. I am prompted for my Windows password. Enter and save. The error pops up.

I am not aware of any changes made to my PC since I successfully added my other job. Those jobs are still running. I just edited an existing job and it ran.

Trying to reproduce with your step-by-step instructions (thank you), but cannot on my system.

Do you get the error message when you define/test your automation script first, and then use the Schedule Automation tool bar button to create the Task Scheduler entry?

Hi Gary,
I wasn't using the button before, but I am now (I had just brought up the Job Manager and was creating the job directly). In my Automation script tab, I click on the Schedule button, and a dialogue box opens. It has pre-populated the name, trigger and action. All looks good. I de-selected the option to only run when logged in, so it should run anytime. Click on "ok", and I get a dialogue box from Windows to enter my credentials. It looks like it takes them (because when I put in an old password I got a credentials error); but then I immediately get a dialogue box "Toad Data Point Error" with the above error that started this thread.

I found the answer here. I only get the error If I select "Run whether user is logged in or not." Task Scheduler Error “A specified logon session does not exist” - Microsoft Tech Community

1 Like