Toad DM Not finding my DB Connections

I have a series of models (Raw, Stage, DW and DM). I’m able to sync the first three using the “Update from Database” function. For some reason, the last one (DM) does NOT find the DB connections when I attempt to Update it from Database. Has anyone ever seen this type of behavior ? I’m on Toad DM 5.5.3.20.

Hi there,

Model Update only offers you stored connections that are of the same database platform and version as your currently active model. If no such stored connection is available, you can create a new one and save it later.
Is the database platform/version of the DM model different from the other models?

Regards,

Lukas

Lucas,

I appreciate the response. That was the issue. I created this model as SQLServer 2014 and my other models are defined as 2012.

Thanks again,

Mike

Michael O’Malley

Data Architect

DEG Data Management Team

MOMalley@DEGdigital.com

From: Lukas Knapek [mailto:bounce-LukasKnapek@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:55 AM

To: tdm@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum] Toad DM Not finding my DB Connections

RE: Toad DM Not finding my DB Connections

Reply by Lukas Knapek

Hi there,

Model Update only offers you stored connections that are of the same database platform and version as your currently active model. Is the database platform/version of the DM model different from the other models?

Regards,

Lukas

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.