Toad executing script from incorrect editor window

All,

I'm Toad for Oracle 12.12.0.39.

I'm having 1 Toad instance running, with 1 open connection only. Within the context of this single connection I'm working in three editor tabs as follows:

My current tab is the third one, labeled gen_templates_data_enriching.sql. I hit F5 to run the script, and I get the SP2-0552 error as shown above.

The confusing (and worrying) parts are

1. the indicated bind variable does not exist in any of the three edit windows
  2. the sql text shown in the error panel (with my_package ... ) is form the second editor window, not the current one!

I'm not sure what has been going on, but it sure looks confusing to me...

Which script did Toad try to execute? Where does Toad get the unused bind variable name from? Neither of the two edit windows involved holds a reference to any stored script...
Why is Toad reporting the other window's sql text in the error message?

Can any of you make sense of this? I'll leave my Toad session open for the rest of the afternoon, so if you need any additional debug info, please let me know asap.
The issue might not reproduce at will, though it does within the context of this particular Toad session,

Kind regards,
Abe Kornelis

All,

I just opened a second Toad instance and connected to the same database.
Then I loaded the same three scripts in the same order in three edit tabs.

Then I hit F5 - and the script in the current( third) window executes like a charm.

Curious, isn’t it?

Abe

All,

Small correction: the variable indicated in the error message does occur in the second edit tab, which is the tab holding the sql text being quoted in the error message.

So all in all It looks like Toad did indeed try to execute the sql in tab 2 when I hit F5 in tab 3 !!!

Kind regards,
Abe

If you use the execute in SQL*Plus does it also use the text of tab 2? Also open the Editor Navigator panel does it show contents for tab 2 or 3?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael,

I’m so sorry - I just closed the buggy session.
So there’s no way to retrieve the information you’re asking for.

Having said that - the Toad session ran into a problem while I was shutting it down.
I am appending the error log. Maybe that holds some clue for you guys.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/86/3326.Toad_5F00_el.txt:320:240]

Kind regards,
Abe

If you were to recreate that scenario again with the same 3 files opened in the same order and in the same manner from the PM I wonder if it would happen again. The code to do anything in Editor all starts with a call to get the GUI container for the active editor tab. It seems like the third tab is holding a pointer to the second tab’s GUI container.

Michael

Michael,

I tried. To no avail. Problem does not recreate.
Sorry about that.

Thanks & have a nice day!
Abe