Toad for data analysts 2.0 Query Builder diagram view error

Hi,

Seeking assistance to reset the query builder view in Toad for data analysts. I can't drag any tables to the Query Builder Diagram view and I also miss the objects selected part. Basically the diagram tab is without content. I've tried to reinstall Toad but it didn't update it to default.

So how can I get this view back to default and also how can I dock the Diagram tab disabling the floating?

Thx for your time and assistance"

Try renaming the settings folder and see if that fixes the issue. The following instructions will walk you through how to do this.

1. Open Toad for Data Analysts.
  2. Go to Help | About in the Toad menu bar.
  3. Click on the blue link “Application Data Directory”.
    This will bring up a directory similar to C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Data Analysts 2.0.
  4. Go up one directory up from the path and locate theToad for Data Analysts 2.0 folder.
  5. Close Toad for Data Analysts and then switch back to the Explorer window.
  6. Rename the folder with the extension *.OLD (i.e.Toad for Data Analysts 2.0.OLD).
  7. Close the Explorer Window.
  8. Launch Toad for Data Analysts again.

This will regenerate the folder and reinitialize your default settings.

One will temporarily lose their personal configuration settings. These settings files are in the backed up folder,Toad for Data Analysts(version_number).OLD.
One common requested file is to retrieve the connections. This file is called Connections.xml.
One can copy and paste it into you newly created Toad for Data Analysts 2.0 folder to retrieve one’s settings.

Thx Chad for taking the time to reply and by this resolve my issue :slight_smile:

All is now back to normal :slight_smile:

BR,

Michael