Try renaming the settings folder and see if that fixes the issue. The following instructions will walk you through how to do this.
- Open Toad for Data Analysts.
- Go to Help | About in the Toad menu bar.
- Click on the blue link “Application Data Directory”.
This will bring up a directory similar to C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Data Analysts 2.0.
- Go up one directory up from the path and locate theToad for Data Analysts 2.0 folder.
- Close Toad for Data Analysts and then switch back to the Explorer window.
- Rename the folder with the extension *.OLD (i.e.Toad for Data Analysts 2.0.OLD).
- Close the Explorer Window.
- Launch Toad for Data Analysts again.
This will regenerate the folder and reinitialize your default settings.
One will temporarily lose their personal configuration settings. These settings files are in the backed up folder,Toad for Data Analysts(version_number).OLD.
One common requested file is to retrieve the connections. This file is called Connections.xml.
One can copy and paste it into you newly created Toad for Data Analysts 2.0 folder to retrieve one’s settings.