Toad for Oracle Base 12.10.0.30 -- slow to paste packages and open new tabs

HI,

Just installed this version on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine a few weeks ago. When I paste in package code (e.g., 2000 lines), there is an annoying noticeable lag as well as a lag when clicking a new tab in the Editor.

Initially I imported the settings from my old version (12.5.0.99) where this situation was not present. I then disabled all code assist options (except ctrl+click to describe or jump to objects), disabled auto replace, and anything else that seemed to slow it down, re-booted machine, etc., but nothing has changed.

Any hints or a list of recommended settings would be welcome.

Thanks.

Is it slow both with an active connection and without? Does disabling the options to highlight object names (Editor|Display page in Options) change anything?

OMG. YES – disabling the options to highlight object names worked; everything is back to normal!

Thank you so much, and for the quick response. …it would be nice if the default settings were chosen to use the least amount of memory, etc.; or maybe an option to turn all of the CPU-hogging choices off.

I had an active connection the entire time, btw.

Your active connection has a lot of objects (e.g. APPS schema). The edit component changed in 12.7 and the object name highlighting is more problematic for huge schemas, unfortunately.

I get it. J Yes, there are probably 70k objects for APPS, maybe more.

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]
Sent: None
To: toadoracle@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad for Oracle Base 12.10.0.30 – slow to paste packages and open new tabs

RE: Toad for Oracle Base 12.10.0.30 – slow to paste packages and open new tabs

Reply by Michael Staszewski

Your active connection has a lot of objects (e.g. APPS schema). The edit component changed in 12.7 and the object name highlighting is more problematic for huge schemas, unfortunately.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.