Toad for SQL Server 6.8.0 Freeware version suddenly asking for a license key

The download site still gives the ToadforSQLServer_6.8.0.97_x64_En.msi

I you are still getting the previous 6.8.0.97 when downloading Freeware, I assume your browser is caching the “old” web page or download, so please refresh your browser or clear your cache. You should get 6.8.2, that is the only release that is available for download from https://www.toadworld.com/download/toad-for-sql-server/freeware

Regards,

Nate

Your instructions worked for me. Thanks Nate.

@Nate.Gaffaney,
thanks, 6.8.2 worked for me as well.

Hello
I’m fresh on this forum, so Hi

Today I have, similar issue, but in Toad for SAP 3.2.0.115.
Is there any general reason for Toad asking about license key, or it is some wrong with my PC?
br
Michal

It’s still not working now.
I Temporarily change the date to last week, I’m using now, but I change date correctly, it’s not working again.

It happens again, Toad for SQL Server 6.8.2.9 Freeware asks for a valid license key.

1 Like

It’s happened again - Quest support - please check the build number of 6.8.2.9, I presume it’s over a year old and therefore needs a new version released.

Same issue, the 6.8.2.9 Community is asking for a license.

I am having the same issue with asking for licence key. Just started this morning.
Using : TOAD 6.8.2.9 Community

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Same for me, please fix it.

Thanx

Same issue here.
Tried to unistall and reinstall, but didn't work

Hello,

Please use a Trial version as a workaround in a meantime.
We know about this issue and we are working to solve it.
It can be downloaded here:

Regards
Ondrej

Hi,

I am facing this issue again. I had encountered a similar issue in Aug, 2018. Please look into this ASAP.

Error:

Thanks!

I am having same issue with v 6.8.2.9

I temporarily solved it by running it as date from last year instead of 2019 and i got it running

For now please use the Toad for SQL Server Beta instead of Freeware. We will continue the Freeware but will not be able to post this for a month or two. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here is the link to the Beta. You are free to download and use. No other requirements.
https://forums.toadworld.com/t/toad-for-sql-server-beta-build-6-9-0-470-is-now-available/42876

If you look at the SQL Server Beta build thread you will find that somebody tried to install it 4 hours ago and it’s not working. The reply is that a new version will be posted later this week.
So using the beta version is not a solution I’m afraid.
Poor show by Quest. I’m sure the original author of the TOAD freeware won’t be too happy that the free version is essentially not available.

Hello Jimbob42,

If you relay need Toad for SQL Server and can’t wait a few days, you can register and download the Trial version. It is free for 30 with full functionality and works without any issues.
When the new BETA will have been released you can uninstall the Trial version and use the Freeware version. Also with Trial version you are eligible for a 30 days of support so we can help you with the installation and uninstallation.

Regards
Ondrej

Cheers Ondrej, have downloaded and installed the trial version for now. Hopefully the Beta and/or Freeware gets sorted out soon.
Thx Jim

1 Like