SQL Server Freeware 6.8.2.9 asking for license key

Hi,

Same issue as has happened in this link has happened again Toad for SQL Server 6.8.0 Freeware version suddenly asking for a license key

Please check that the release date of 6.8.2.9 is not over a year old, if it is then you need to release a new version please.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi,

I have the same issue this morning when I opened my 6.8.2.9 Toad SQL freeware version.

¿Is there any bug problem?

Thank you,
Regards

Sergio

Hi,
I quick fix i to set up computer date to some date before the 26th of January.

Kind regards
Kim

Hi,

You can actually set the date back to current date after starting Toad.

Kind regards
Kim

Thanks Kim - that works a treat. Of course you have to do this fix every time you want to run Toad, but it gets me in so at least I don’t have to code in SSMS today!

Cheers.

Hello,

We know about this issue and we are working to solve it. You can use a Trial version as a workaround in a meantime. It can be downloaded here:

Regards
Ondrej

I have tried to install a trial version but it still asks for licence (it’s the same installation file as the free version). Will this issue be fixed soon? If not, Can you please let us know whether the free version of TOAD will still exist? Thanks!

Hi,

For now please use the Toad for SQL Server Beta instead of Freeware. We will continue the Freeware but will not be able to post this for a month or two. Sorry for the inconvenience.

also we will send out a new beta to community later this week.

Michael

Hi Michael,

thanks for the temporary solution and for your commitment to support the freeware version in the future as well. Really like the workflow of Toad but never felt the need to use full version. Perhaps some of the freeware users might upgrade their license in this situation if Quest can offer some kind of “End-of-Freeyear”-discount?

Andreas

Hello tschipie,

For any offer please contact our sales team at sales@quest.com. They will tell you all the possible options.

Regards
Ondrej

Hello mjubsn888,

When you register for a Trial you will receive a trial license via email (please check you spam folder as well). You need to enter the trial license to allow the Toad for SQL Server start.

Regards
Ondrej

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the solution. I would like to know, as you tell that it can be one or two months until you release the fix, if it is possible to be informed about this new release on the email or some sort of notification.

Thank you,
Regards.

Sergio

I just downloaded the freeware version and it is still asking for the license key. Any idea when this will be fixed please?

We will have a new release mid April. This will be corrected in that release.