TOAD was creating temp files for every DB user on my terminal upon every Oracle connection

Good Morning Team, I was surprised to note that my TOAD is creating a temp file entry for every DB users upon every Oracle connection I make. Any one with an explanation to this and how to fix it.

Please post one of the files here so we can tell you what it’s used for.

See attached

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 4:39 PM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: TOAD was creating temp files for every DB user on my terminal upon every Oracle connection

Reply by John Dorlon
Please post one of the files here so we can tell you what it's used for.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

The files are created in the temp folder i.e TOAD/Temp and the file names correspond to DB users who have never had access to the TOAD on my machine. Why would these temp files be created and stored on my local toad home directory?

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 4:39 PM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: TOAD was creating temp files for every DB user on my terminal upon every Oracle connection

Reply by John Dorlon
Please post one of the files here so we can tell you what it's used for.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

There is no attachment. Toad does create some files under User Files\Databases that correspond to schemas in your database to store settings for when you’ve browsed to those schemas in the Schema Browser. Without seeing the files, this is my best guess.

Very old versions of Toad made a folder called Temps instead of User Files.