Keep getting "Cannot create file" popup

About every few minutes, I get a popup message box that says something similar to the following:

“TOAD Error Cannot create file “C:\Temp\TOAFF0F.tmp”. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process”

What is happening? How can I change things so that this increasingly annoying message stops?

I’m running Toad for Oracle Xpert (64-bit) version 12.8.0.49.

When was the last time you closed and restarted Toad? It sounds like Toad is attempting to create a temporary file and can’t because either the disk is full or the file it’s trying to create has already been previously created and is currently in use.

Closing and restarting Toad should help alleviate that prompt.

Sorry, I should have provided some more information. This has actually been an ongoing problem for a long while. When I first started using Toad at this work site, I ended up switching to SQL Developer because of the popups. However, recently I’ve started using Toad again for some things. To answer your question, I have restarted Toad several times to see if it stops these popups. The C: drive has 110 GB of free space.

Also, where are your user files pointing to and do you have write privy there? Could you also send the support bundle (help -> support bundle)?

On Mar 8, 2016, at 4:00 PM, John Bowman bounce-jbowman@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Keep getting "Cannot create file" popup

Reply by John Bowman
When was the last time you closed and restarted Toad? It sounds like Toad is attempting to create a temporary file and can't because either the disk is full or the file it's trying to create has already been previously created and is currently in use.

Closing and restarting Toad should help alleviate that prompt.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.