Toad with Kerberos using Vertica or ODBC Generic Connector

Hi,

I am using Vertica database (Unix machine). It is getting authenticated through Kerberos.

I have created ODBC DSN which is able to connect with Vertica using Kerberos Authentication.

When I am using this DSN in Toad Data Point, I am getting an error message:
" Connection attempt failed: SSPI continuation error: The specified target is unknown or unreachable"

Can we use Kerberos authentication in TOAD Data Point with Vertica or Generic ODBC?

If you're successful in connecting to Vertica via ODBC w Kerberos auth, then should work in TDP, although I have not tried, and don't have a Vertica environment to test on. e.g. you can ping the Vertica server from your workstation?

One thing I have noticed, though, is that CASE is important from the Windows side... make sure that the Vertica server, domain name, etc. all have proper case when defining your ODBC definition.

If you're using an old version of TDP (say, version 4.x or older) please upgrade to the latest 5.4 version. Otherwise, might need to take this one to Support.

Hi Gary,

All the things are correctly configured. I can also Test the DSN, which gives me Positive result. I have cross checked the case of all the parameters in odbc DSN.
Now when I connect TDP with the same DSN using connector type as Vertica or ODBC Generic, I got the error message which says:
Connection attempt failed: SSPI continuation error: The specified target is unknown or unreachable

In case, you don't have Vertica, I think all DB will behave same as far as they are connected through ODBC DSN with Kerberos authentication.

We can close this as it is fixed.