Connecting Toad Data Point to IBM Informix server (Avaya) via ODBC

I am trying to connect TDP to an IBM Informix server(Avaya). I have installed the IBM Informix ODBC 32 bit driver (version 4.10.TC2DE) - I do have a 64 bit machine. Entered the following environmental variable for it to install: C:\Windows\SysWOW64; (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21567466)

Tested the connection and it shows good.

Created an “ODBC generic” connection using the IBM INFORMIX ODBC driver in TDP.

Opened the TDP editor and clicked on my new ODBC connection and all of the objects show up fine in the Object Explorer in TDP. However, as soon as I start typing in the editor I get the following message:

"**Toad Data Point has stopped working **

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Anyone have any ideas on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi biggsky155,

Could you please provide us with further details?

• What version of TDP are you using?
  • What bitness of OS do you have? 32 bit?
  • Does this happen to any other connection or only this specific one?
  • Does this happen instantly after you press a key on keyboard in editor or after 2-3 seconds after you press it and release the keys?
  • Could you please go to Menu > Help > About > click on “Application Data Directory” and attach the files: ExceptionTrace.log, Connections.xml, Actions.log and any other .log files you will find here
    Thanks,

Martin

Thanks Martin for your response. Here are my answers:

• What version of TDP are you using? 4.0.0.6.2.4
  • What bitness of OS do you have? 32 bit? 64 bit
  • Does this happen to any other connection or only this specific one? this is the only connection for which this happens.
  • Does this happen instantly after you press a key on keyboard in editor or after 2-3 seconds after you press it and release the keys? It seems to happen about 1 second after I press the first key
  • Could you please go to Menu > Help > About > click on “Application Data Directory” and attach the files: ExceptionTrace.log, Connections.xml, Actions.log and any other .log files you will find here. Please see attached
    [View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/36/Action.log:320:240][View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/36/Connections.txt:320:240][View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/36/ExceptionTrace.log:320:240]

The error log shows there is some sql being executed that has a syntax error but it does not tell us what the sql is. Please turn on debug logging by adding " /log=all" to your command line. Then generate the issue. Go to Help | About | App Data Dir and post the Toad.log. That should give us the sql causing the error.