Toad World® Forums

Trace File Browser and Deadlocks Foible


#1

Afternoon All,

I’m afraid I may have broken the trace file browser in Toad 13.0.0.80. Sorry! I’ve found the following:

  • TFB appears to stop reading the trace file when it finds a deadlock. My file actually has 23 deadlocks in it. (Yes, I know, the duhvelopers have been severely chastised!) The highest execution line for any statement never gets past the first occurrence of “DEADLOCK DETECTED” in the trace file.
  • There isn’t any data in the Deadlock tab on the lower part of the TFB.
  • There is valid trace data beyond some of the deadlocks.

I think that when a deadlock is detected, the end of the deadlock data can be found by scanning for “Attempting to break deadlock by signaling ORA-00060” followed by a line with one space in it. (That’s what I’m doing in TraceMiner2.)

I have a trace file that I can let you have, let me know if it’s necessary. It’s large though, 35.82Mb uncompressed, 773,974 lines. Compressed it’s only 2.75 MB in zip format.

I did try to see if this was the case with the demo deadlock trace file mentioned in what used to be http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/b/weblog/archive/2013/08/14/toad-12-1-offers-automatic-trace-file-deadlock-detection but the new format of ToadWorld has broken all the old stuff. :frowning:

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]


#2

Hi Norm,

Yes, please send me the file. Thanks.

-John


#3

Sent privately John.

Cheers,
Norm.


#4

Thanks Norm. FIxed for next beta.