Trace file browser fixed first column, new idea

Hi

In Toad 12.1.0.22 Trace file browser has been really lifted a lot.

Better handling with big trace files (almost no limitation in trace file size-personally tried 4 GB files and it worked!), adding deadlock detection.

In “Statement details” tab, I’d like to have fixed number of columns (at least one-“Sql statement”, if custom number of columns is not possible). This will help a lot investigating rightmost columns and showing sql all the same time.

Brg,

Damir

Hi Damir,

I am glad to hear that the changes have helped you.

You can fix the “statement” column by right-clicking in the grid. At this point, that is the only column that can be fixed. The others can be hidden by
right-clicking in the column header. I can add the possibility to fix more columns in the future.

-John

From: damir.vadas_531 [mailto:bounce-damirvadas_531@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 2:07 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Trace file browser fixed first column, new idea

Trace file browser fixed first column, new idea

Thread created by damir.vadas_531

Hi

In Toad 12.1.0.22 Trace file browser has been really lifted a lot.

Better handling with big trace files (almost no limitation in trace file size-personally tried 4 GB files and it worked!), adding deadlock detection.

However one thing seems to me can be done more. In “Statement details” tab, I’d like to have fixed number of columns (at least one if customization is not possible). This will help me a lot
investigating right columns a lot showing sql all the time.

Brg,

Damir

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

John,

Haven’t try magic Windows right click … shame on me.

For me all implemented in this version is enough for me.

THX for your answer.

Brg,

Damir

I have two trace files that I’d really like to open, 26MB and 170MB, however, I get the Windows “Not Responding” response from the client when I try to open these files. Is there a trick to opening large files?

If those files are across the network, copy them to your computer, then try again.

If you don’t have Toad 12.1 yet, get it. It should open those files faster than 12.0 and prior.

Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 12:23 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Trace file browser fixed first column, new idea

RE: Trace file browser fixed first column, new idea

Reply by Amy Kruesi

I have two trace files that I’d really like to open, 26MB and 170MB, however, I get the Windows “Not Responding” response from the client when I try to open these files. Is there a trick to
opening large files?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

You have to describe your client/db conf and OS version as well as Toad.

P.S.

I was able to load 2 GB big files … but load from local comšuter … maybe, just maybe your net is breaking your operation … try load from load computer and give us mentioned details.

Thanks 12.1 did the trick.