Unable to check out package - unless I restart SqlNav

Greetings,

I have this annoying problem with TeamCoding status. If I open a package and someone else has it checked out, I’m not able to check it out, which is fine. However if the other person checks in the package, I’m not able to check out the package unless I restart SQL Navigator! Is there any way I can get SQL Navigator to refresh the checkout status of object in TFS without restarting it?

SQLNav: 6.2.1.1521

Oracle:

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 - 64bit Production
PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.8.0 - Production
CORE 9.2.0.8.0 Production
TNS for Linux IA64: Version 9.2.0.8.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.8.0 - Production

TFS:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 3.5 SP1

Installed Edition: Enterprise

Team Foundation Server Power Tools October 2008

Message was edited by: Amplus

Did you try to “close” the object tabs and open the package again?

Yes, it does not work, this problem is the same for everyone working in my team and nobody has found away around this problem.

I do not use external source control so my last two suggestions (I hope that official support can help you) would be:

• to try to use the session -> reconnect (I think that you already tried that)
  • Try the beta

regards and good luck

Thanks Fsilva,

You are right, I have tried doing a session->reconnect. But the problem lies in TFS status not being refreshed.

Hi Amplus,
We will check this out and will get back to you with an update by tomorrow.

thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Amplus,

Sorry for a late response. We are still trying to produce the issues here and having some issues with our TFS2008 at the moment with connection permission. We will try to get back to you as soon as we make more progress.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Amplus,

This issue is with all other Version control providers as well, not only with Team Founder Server as we initially thought...

I would suggest that you turn on the Auto Check out option as in the attached image of the preference window. When you reopen ('the locked') package again, SQL Navigator will force the check out and you should be able to have the ability to check out the object without restarting SQL Navigator.

Please let us know if that work around would work for you.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Thank you for the support. I have changed this setting in my Navigator and I have adviced others in my team to do so as well. I will report here if this workaround does not work.

Message was edited by: Amplus