Uncontrolled Objects can't be modified

In our Team Coding project, we only have PL/SQL objects and views. I just tried to alter a table in one of our schemas and was told it was locked in Team Coding by another user. When I look at the Team Coding Manager, I do not see this table listed anywhere.

When I look at “Show Team Coding Objects” I see a number of tables and views that show up as “Uncontrolled”. This table is one that shows up there, so I would think that TC would allow this.

How do I get these uncontrolled objects out of team coding so I can make the changes I need to? Can I simply delete them from the TC tables without breaking other things?

(I’m also reporting this because I’m guessing it is a bug - if the object is uncontrolled, TC shouldn’t prevent me from doing anything with it - right?)

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452
phyllis.helton@cru.org

Hey Phyllis,

Hmm, I just tried to reproduce the issue you’re seeing in Team Coding but am unable to. I logged in as one user and checked out an object. I then opened up TC Configuration window to disable that object type from being controlled. I then logged in as another user and was able to modify that object without receiving an error.

Have your Team Coding project definitions changed recently? The only reason you would receive the error " is locked by another user" is if your session of Team Coding thinks the object is being controlled by Team Coding. However, if you left your connection open, and the project definition was changed, your current session may not know about the change, which might cause a problem. If that’s the case, I’d simply recommend pressing F5 in the Team Coding Manager or disconnecting from the database and reconnecting to it.

I would also double-check your project definitions to make sure you don’t have two different projects: one where the object is uncontrolled and another where the object is controlled. I’m not sure what would cause something like this to happen, but it’s a good step to take just out of precaution.

If needed, you can remove uncontrolled object records manually; however, it’s not recommended as you will lose all history for the objects in question. You’d need to remove them both from the TCX_OBJECT_HISTORY and TCX_OBJECTS tables; however, I would first try the steps above to see if that fixes the issue before attempting to delete anything manually.

-John

Hi Phyllis,

The first thing I would try would be the “clear objects from team coding” function. This can be found in the toolbar of the TC Config window. After this, click “OK” to the TC Config window and this should clean some things up. This would basically reset your TC objects table and won’t be harmful to existing objects or TC setup in any way, other than the fact that you will lose your object history as it is viewed in the “Show TC Objects” screen.

(posted by Nate, was in Spam filter 4/23/18)

I think the cause would have been Toad shutting down when I added the project to TeamCoding - with the option to include tables unchecked. (I think my computer wasn’t plugged in like I thought and the battery died, if I recall correctly)

I actually closed Toad and restarted, hoping that would work, and it didn’t. And I only have one project, so it wasn’t that. I ended up having to delete the definition last week so I could continue working.

Thanks for your input on this. . .

(Posted by Nate, was in spam filter from 4/23/18)

Thank you, Brad (and Nate). I'll keep in mind that this is a safe thing to do.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Brad Boddicker bounce-ButtonPusher@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Uncontrolled Objects can't be modified

Reply by Brad Boddicker
Hi Phyllis,

The first thing I would try would be the "clear objects from team coding" function. This can be found in the toolbar of the TC Config window. After this, click "OK" to the TC Config window and this should clean some things up. This would basically reset your TC objects table and won't be harmful to existing objects or TC setup in any way, other than the fact that you will lose your object history as it is viewed in the "Show TC Objects" screen.

(posted by Nate, was in Spam filter 4/23/18)

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org