Underscores and converting to initial caps in Toad 12

If I select the following text…

foo bar foo_bar

…and click on the “convert to initial caps” button on the editor toolbar, I get this result with Toad v12:

Foo Bar Foo_bar

With Toad 11 (as with the Oracle INITCAP() function) I would get

Foo Bar Foo_Bar

i.e. an underscore is treated in the same way as a space between words. My (stupid, but out of my control) coding standards require the latter form of initcapping. Is there any way I can get Toad 12 to revert to the old way of doing it?

Oops. Fixed for next beta.

i.e. an underscore is treated in the same way as a space between words.

This is true if underscore is not included in the set of "Additional word characters" in Options|Editor|Behavior. If included in that set then "foo_bar" is treated as one word and only the "f" is capitalized. That set of word characters affects CTRL+Left|Right,
CTRL+Shift+Left|Right, dbl-click word select, and init caps.

Michael

On 07/09/2013 07:38 AM, chris_4134 wrote:

Underscores and converting to initial caps in Toad 12

Thread created by chris_4134
If I select the following text...

foo bar foo_bar

...and click on the "convert to initial caps" button on the editor toolbar, I get this result with Toad v12:

Foo Bar Foo_bar

With Toad 11 (as with the Oracle INITCAP() function) I would get

Foo Bar Foo_Bar

i.e. an underscore is treated in the same way as a space between words. My (stupid, but out of my control) coding standards require the latter form of initcapping. Is there any way I can get Toad 12 to revert to the old way of doing it?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Interesting.

I removed the _ from the list of additional characters (actually, it was the only one there). Out of interest, I added / to the list. It still capitalises aaa/bbb_ccc as Aaa/Bbb_ccc - so the list of word characters doesn’t seem to make any difference one way or the other.

Presumably it will do after the fixed version gets out of beta.

Exactly. It's completely broken in Toad 12, but next beta it should be good to go.

On 07/10/2013 09:43 AM, chris_4134 wrote:

RE: Underscores and converting to initial caps in Toad 12

Reply by chris_4134
Interesting.

I removed the _ from the list of additional characters (actually, it was the only one there). Out of interest, I added / to the list. It still capitalises aaa/bbb_ccc as Aaa/Bbb_ccc - so the list of word characters doesn't seem to make any difference one
way or the other.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.