V6.5 only English speakers ???

Super bug: when I open any object (function, procedure, trigger, etc…) on a Oracle database, all accents are replaced by question marks (reverse)…
For example: DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(‘Problème avec à é è î ù’); becomes DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(‘Probl¿me avec ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿’);
This product is not usable in the present state for our society! Paying for a product that is sad…
Is this a bug? Is there a solution?

Hi David

I am trying to reproducet he issue here, however I am not able to see it with my environment.

I have attached some of my settings that I have in SQL Navigator as well as my regional settings.
Can you please provide me details of what you have set and then I will try to reproduce again here.

regards
Lidia
Document.zip (249 KB)

Hi David,

I see that this thread is pretty old. Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem?

In my office I am using SQL Navigator 6.2 and Windows XP and I don’t experience this problem but my colleague is using SQL Nav 6.6 and Windows 7 and is experience exactly the same problem as you state above.

We are in Ottawa, Canada and have bilingual English/French applications that require both English and French characters.

Please let me know if you found a solution.

thanks

Nick

Hi David and Nick,

We are sorry for the inconvenience, I met this problem in 6.6 and 6.7 in win7 the same as you too.

Currently we are in the final stage of our new version7, which will support unicode perfectly. So I would like to suggest if you can have a try with our v7.0 beta build. You can download it here: www.toadworld.com/…/default.aspx

Nick, for your colleague who is using 6.7 in win7, can you please suggest him to set non-unicode language setting to French(Canada) then have a try? Let me know if it works.

Any issue please feel free to contact us anytime, we are pleased to hear any feedback.

Thanks,

Shirly