Weird: Can not change to a different editors connection

The is hard to repro, but happened a few times. When working on a few connections and having an editor and schema browser windows open for each connection, then open a few describe windows, when trying to choose a editor window of a different connection, I would click on the connection button, then the editor. The connection highlights, but the editor window will open edit window of the last connection, not the currently selected. I must close all describe windows to go a different connection editor window.

I can narrow down the issue a little.

Open 2 connections.
Desc a table from each connection
click on each describe a few times
Go back to the main edit page and try clicking on each editor page. You will notice on the toolbar, when clicking on 1 edit window on the window toolbar, it will bounce back to the other editors toolbar.

Hi Marc,

I’ve been trying to reproduce this but without success. What are your options set to in Options -> Schema Browser -> Describe Dialogs?

-John

I had the same issue with and with out "each describe is its own window"

still no luck here, Marc. If you zip up your user files folder and send it to me, I’ll try again with that. Maybe there is some other option at play.

It should be in C:\Users<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\13.1 beta\User Files

Send to john.dorlon@quest.com.

Thanks

email sent with files

My email server has a 5mb max files size rule. Do you have an ftp server to upload?

jdorlon

Quest

August 15

still no luck here, Marc. If you zip up your user files folder and send it to me, I’ll try again with that. Maybe there is some other option at play.

It should be in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\13.1 beta\User Files

Thanks

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Quest may have one, but I am not aware of it.

The only subfolder that I need under “User Files” is GUISettings. All of the others (AppBackups, Databases, FormattterExamples, OracleTracefiles, etc), I don’t need - so you can remove those from the zip file and I’ll bet that’ll get it under 5M. If not, send me an email and I’ll share my dropbox account with you and you can upload there.

I was able to send through a different account, check your email. nevermind that failed too

I just sent you a private message on this forum with a link to a dropbox folder.

jdorlon

Quest

August 15

It should be in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\13.1 beta\User Files

Thanks

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

OK, I can reproduce it like this:

Setup:

1. In Options, Check “Show only buttons for current connection on window bar”
  2. In Options, Check “all describes are contained in single tabbed window”
  3. Start Toad and open a describe dialog. On the describe toolbar, click the dropdown arrow on the last button and uncheck “Allow multiple connections”

Bug:

1. Start Toad.

2. Open 2 connections.

3. Open a Describe dialog and an Editor in each connection

4. Maximize the Editor of Connection 2 in Toad.

5. Click on describe window for connection 1. (notice that active connection changes in Toad - toolbars are updated)

6. Try to click the editor window button for connection 1.
    bug: Toad does changes active connection back to connection 2.

workaround: either close describe windows, or
    use the “Window” main menu item, or
    un-maximize the editor and then click on the other one.

will let you know when I have a fix.

Cool, You can repro. Thanks for the help!

OK, I think I have it fixed for next beta. Give it a try and let me know.

Looks like it works, THANKS!