Which files/folders to move going from Beta to GA?

Age-old question since the beginning of Toad Beta. Normally, I would just use the new GA’s settings and environment as upgraded from my last GA, but this time I have a lot of work done in the Beta that I’d like to keep (yes, I regularly backup my Toad App Data dir off to a USB drive!).

I’ve moved my “ImpExp” dir that I created in the App Data directory, as well as CONNECTION*, SavedSQL.dat, and the Databases directory. I think I’ve got most everything I need…anything major I might be overlooking? Or maybe a better question is “What should I never copy over?” or even “What should I avoid copying over if I can help it?”.

With my project addled brain, I’ve come to a full stop at this point and thought I should maybe just ask… [B]

TIA!
Rich

I think you will be just fine importing all of your files from beta to GA. You can import/export all settings via Utilities > Copy user settings.

Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:54 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Which files/folders to move going from Beta to GA?

Which files/folders to move going from Beta to GA?

Thread created by Rich J.

Age-old question since the beginning of Toad Beta. Normally, I would just use the new GA’s settings and environment as upgraded from my last GA, but this time I have a lot of work done in the
Beta that I’d like to keep (yes, I regularly backup my Toad App Data dir off to a USB drive!).

I’ve moved my “ImpExp” dir that I created in the App Data directory, as well as CONNECTION*, SavedSQL.dat, and the Databases directory. I think I’ve got most everything I need…anything
major I might be overlooking? Or maybe a better question is “What should I never copy over?” or even “What should I avoid copying over if I can help it?”.

With my project addled brain, I’ve come to a full stop at this point and thought I should maybe just ask…

TIA!

Rich

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Gee, I’ve only been using Toad since v4… [:$]

I knew it was an easy question…just couldn’t couldn’t split my brain in one more direction…

Thanks, Brad!
Rich

Well, to be fair, the imp/exp functionality in copy user settings wasn’t added until 12.5… if that makes you feel any better.

Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:47 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Which files/folders to move going from Beta to GA?

RE: Which files/folders to move going from Beta to GA?

Reply by Rich J.

Gee, I’ve only been using Toad since v4…

I knew it was an easy question…just couldn’t couldn’t split my brain in one more direction…

Thanks, Brad!

Rich

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

@Brad,

I have Toad 11.6 version which has this menu and exactly the same functionality…if I didn’t understand something wrong!?

Brg

Damir

Damir,

11.6 has the ability to copy user settings from a previous installation, which probably will suffice in this case.

12.5 introduced the ability to zip/export and unzip/import to any location

From: Damir Vadas [mailto:bounce-damirvadas_250@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 8:05 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Which files/folders to move going from Beta to GA?

RE: Which files/folders to move going from Beta to GA?

Reply by Damir Vadas

@Brad,

I have Toad 11.6 version which has this menu and exactly the same functionality…if I didn’t understand something wrong!?

Brg

Damir

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Brad,

thy for clarification.

Brg

Damir