Abort Session Option

Is there an option to abort session(s) that I am not seeing in the TOAD GUI? We sometimes get responding sessions with Teradata that create write locks and block other sessions... and I don't have a way to abort them.

More details on "getting responding sessions" ?
Are these stemming from TDP? Other users?

Hey Gary... these responding sessions are coming from TDP's interaction with Teradata 16.x. This is not an issue involving the processes of others. From what I understand, this is surrounding how TDP uses BT/ET and truncation when creating a new table. I experience this primarily when doing large ETLs from SQL Server... I've had to move to using mload in those cases, but I still run into this with smaller imports.

OK, thanks for the extra details... I don't have a lot of hands-on with Teradata, so we'll see if we can get some engineering eyes on your inquiry here...

Hi,
Thank you for your patience, we have checked this issue with our dedicated DEV team.
Unfortunately, we do not have the mentioned option for aborting the session, could you please give us an example of when this problem occurs and goes into an infinite loop?

Hello... it isn't an infinite loop. Just think of it like any other IDE when running a session e.g. MS Sql Server Management Studio, Teradata SQL Assistant or Studio, maybe even the old TOAD from 2004... you start running a query, it takes too long, or maybe you notice a mistake. It would be nice to be able to submit an abort for your session/query rather than having to wait for the whole query to stop like with a cancel in TDP. Even in TDP with a cancel script request, the IDE locks up the majority of the time.

I have to reach out to our DBAs to abort a session in most cases even if it's a current session.