Running Queries and Changing Sessions

Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of forgetting I am running a query when I attempt to change sessions in TOAD, and when I do this, it wreaks havoc on the system. Will you put code in so that if I have an actively running query in the Editor and try to change my session, TOAD will gently tell me that I’m being stupid and not let me do this?

When I attempt to change sessions when a process is running, TOAD will wait until the process is finished and in the meantime locks up so I can’t do anything else until the process is done. Then, once it is done, the session will change, but it does that before it tells the Editor that the process is done, so it will appear like it is still running with the icon on the tab still showing the arrows and the progress bar in the lower right-hand side of the application going. At this point, I can’t do anything to tell TOAD the process is really done and therefore cannot graciously close the tab, the editor or TOAD.

A little late, but this is done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Running Queries and Changing Sessions

Reply by Michael Staszewski
A little late, but this is done.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org