Access violation at address 00DC3816 in module TDM

I have just downloaded an evaluation copy of TDM 3.0.11.11 and get an Access Violation when attempting to convert to a physical model. Specifically when I invoke:

Model -> Convert to Physical Model… and select a [New] DBMS model.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a workaround?

I’m using XP SP2

Thanks!

Message was edited by: morris

I’m also getting a similar problem with Access Violation when attempting to connect to a 10g Database using reverse engineering wizard.
Any ideas?

WIN 2000 SP4

Hello morris and ngas,

Firstly, we’d like to ask you what antivir program you use? If you use McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0, please read the following thread:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2824

Anyway, TDM 3 should work properly with VirusScan Enterprise version 8.5.

We’d also like to ask you for help:

morris, please try to create a new physical model, add some entities, attributes and please try to generate SQL/DDL script. Does the error occur?
Also, could you please send us your logical model that you are attempting to convert? It will be used for the testing purposes. Thank you very much in advance.
(You can send it to: modeling@quest.com.)

ngas, please write us what TDM3 you use - official v. 3.0.11.11 or latest Beta 3.1.1. (and also what antivir program). Thanks very much.

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Hello Vladka,

I am using eTrust AV from CA.

I have created a new Physical model and generating DDL causes no problem.

It is the logical model that causes the issue. I have attached the model file.

I get the error when I select the DBMS: Model -> Convert to Physical Model… and then select the DBMS from the combo box. It is as if there is an un-initialized structure that gets accessed once the combo box has been updated.

Thanks for you help!

Morris
sp.txl (21.7 KB)

Hello Morris,

Thanks for your co-operation!
To be honest, it took us quite much time to find out what causes the problem.
Finally, we have found out that on TDM3 version, where support for all databases has been selected during the installation process, the conversion of your model works properly. However, the problem is when selection of supported databases is made. There is a bug and we need to fix it. CR # is 38 337.

Temporary solution: Please reinstall TDM3 and during the installation, please select support for all databases. The problem shouldn’t occur then.
We will try to fix this problem ASAP.

Thanks again for your help!

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM team

Hello Morris,

Just a quick update on this issue. The problem was in package for conversion between MS SQL and MySQL. The AV occured when support for MySQL db was not selected to install.

Anyway, I’m pleased to inform you that this bug has already been fixed for next Beta release.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Vladka