Access violation during merge model

Hi,

After converting logical model to a physical one, I’ve got this message when I try to merge it with another physical model :

Access violation at address 00D8F1E3 in module ‘TDM.exe’. Read of address

My version of TDM for oracle is 3.4.16.7.

Anyone has this problem?

Thank you

Dominqiue

Open the converted physical model, then go Model | Verify Model. Is there any error? If so, make necessary correction and then try merge again.

Hi Dominique,
You can also test your model to make sure the integrity of model is OK.
Backup your converted model and enable expert mode (Settings | Options, section General, checkbox Expert mode). Open the converted model, right click its model name in Physical Model Explorer or Application view and select Test model and see the the results in Message Explorer.

If there are no errors, could you send us previous error log with Access violation? The default location on WinXp is C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\TDM.elf.

If there are some error messages (double-click the message will display the details of failed test) you can try to repair it (right click the model name and select Repair model). Then run the test again. If it doesn’t help, let us know or please send the model to modeling@quest.com. You can try to test/repair your (backuped) logical model before conversion too.

Dave