Access violation at address 054659BC in module 'Toad.exe'. Read of address 1BDB0000

Hi,

Im new to toad but have been running automation process for a few months and currently use toad for a few other automation process. I like to ask for your help and see if anyone can help me out. I have a large file that I’m trying to load through Toad For Oracle using(Import Table Data) process. The table im loading has 41 columns, mostly varchar(255 byte) 2 columns as Integers and 4 as DATE. I automated the import process, and after the first import it locks the file im importing( a flat file .csv).

please i been trying to fix this for a while and cant find anything. Any help is appreciated.

thank you,

Eddy

I have a large file
How big is that file?

Can you put some task monitor to see if you didn't run out of memory?

Hi Damir,

Its actually not that large, just a lot of columns. What do you mean “Can i put some task monitor to see if it ran out of memory”?

The file is loaded but then that .csv file gets locked. So if i try to change the .csv file or delete it, i get an alert saying that toad for Oracle has it locked…

its weird and it only happens with that file. I have multiple Import to Database automation and this one is the only one that is giving me an issue.

thank you,

edwin

Toad should release the file after the import. If it’s not, that’s a bug. I’ll check on it. Until then, close Toad and then the lock will be released.

What version of Toad are you using? I just tried this with the current 12.11 beta and the file was not locked after importing.

Hi,

I was able to fix it.

thank you,

The error is back. I was able to fix it before by making sure the date column i was loading only had Date (I was bring back Date + Time). I think it could be a column data type issue.

thank you,

Edwin

Does the file remain locked after import when the import process has an error?

Hi John,

Yes, I am going to change some column data types and see if the issue stops. It was good for a few weeks but not anymore.

thank you,

Edwin

Edwin,

What version of Toad are you using?

-John

I am running 12.0.0.61

thank you,

Edwin

Oh, OK. A lot has changed since then, and I think that explains why I can’t reproduce the problem. There have been 7 versions released since then. Might be time for an upgrade. :slight_smile: If you want to check, you could download a 12.10 trial version and see if the problem still exists there. I vaguely remember fixing a “locked file” problem a few years ago, but can’t find it in our revision history so I may be remembering something else.