After CPUjul2024 19cDB patch Version 19.24.0.0.0, TOAD connection fails

John, Yes please. If we can get hold of the veta version tomorrow, that would be great!

1 Like

Hi
we faced same problem in informatica 10.5 (java.sql.SQLException: [informatica][Oracle JDBC Driver]null). it seems Oracle put more restriction for ENCRYPTION in patch set 19.24,
just modify SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_SERVER=ACCEPTED instead of REQUIERD or remove it solved the problem.

The parameter SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_SERVER allows any of the following values

• ACCEPTED: This is the default value in case the parameter is not set. The server allows both encrypted and non-encrypted connections .
  • REJECTED: The server allows only non-encrypted connections.
  • REQUESTED: The server prefers encrypted traffic if possible, but also accepts non-encrypted traffic.
  • REQUIERD: The server allows encrypted connections only.
    Thanks

A new beta has been released which should solve this.

1 Like

Good morning, John. Could you please specify the version of TOAD for Oracle - beta that our OCIO team to look for to download? Thanks a lot.

Click here to go to the page where you can download the beta. Instructions are on that page.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I've noticed that the error still sometimes happens. If you still get it, just retry your connection and you should be OK. I'll have it fixed for good on Monday's beta update.

1 Like

I have toad 15.1 , is there any fix for this version

Sorry, we don't fix prior versions. Your options are either of the following:

• Use an Oracle client for the affected databases
  • Update your Toad

John. Our developers and I did initial testing with the Beta R2. It looks good for us. Beta version TOAD connects without issues (DB19.24 with encryption enabled). The beta version expires in mid-September. Can you please tell us when we all can expect the regular release with the fixes? We need to proceed with Oracle's CPU updates soon to productions and would like to know your release schedule. Please advise. Thanks!

Please see the "Beta expiration" section on the beta download page.

The official release of version 2024.2 is scheduled for sometime in October.

Thanks for your prompt response, John.

1 Like