Toad World® Forums

Apps under one Oracle ID won't run on a new one

Good afternoon,

I recently left a position where I had created dozens and dozens of queries that ran under a handful of apps in the Automation Designer in Toad, and were scheduled to run on various schedules.

However, on my way out the door, I removed my connection profile and set up the new person responsible with their connection ID. However, the scheduled applications are still trying to run these “jobs” under my Oracle connection credentials.

How do they get those “apps” to run under a new connection profile, so to speak?

Peter- several things to note.

1. When you right-click on an App or Action, you’ll see a "Run with
    connections…’ item. This opens the login window and lets you select which
    connection to run it with:

2. ‘Run with parameter file…’ - this option is available for Actions which
    support streaming their properties to a parameter file. In the parameter file
    for the Apps & Actions you’ll see the Connection names to execute with. Not all
    Actions support this though.

3. Each Action Property sheet has a connection drop down which is used to tie
    the Action to the connection. It doesn’t store the password, for that, it looks
    to the main connection in Toad overall if ‘save passwords’ is turned on.

the Action can be bound to a different connection this way.
image002.png

Peter- several things to note.

1. When you right-click on an App or Action, you’ll see a "Run with
    connections…’ item. This opens the login window and lets you select which
    connection to run it with:

2. ‘Run with parameter file…’ - this option is available for Actions which
    support streaming their properties to a parameter file. In the parameter file
    for the Apps & Actions you’ll see the Connection names to execute with. Not all
    Actions support this though.

3. Each Action Property sheet has a connection drop down which is used to tie
    the Action to the connection. It doesn’t store the password, for that, it looks
    to the main connection in Toad overall if ‘save passwords’ is turned on.

the Action can be bound to a different connection this way.
image001.png

Looks like you need to do a find/replace in the ToadActions.dat file with the new user’s oracle ID:

Open the text file C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\10.0\User Files\ToadActions.dat

That is a binary file. Potential for corruption is high. I wouldn’t suggest doing this unless you are a master of your hex editor. You might get lucky a few times in a normal text editor, but when it fails you’ll know why.

Michael

That’s playing with fire. A large fire, like a forest fire or perhaps one of those blast furnaces they use in hospitals to obliterate infectious bandages.

Make a copy of your data file first, that file isn’t meant to be edited.