Autoreplace in several lines

Hi,

How to achive that? Which character to place?

Brg

Damir

You’ll want to use Code Templates. See the Editor|Code Templates page in options. Create a new one assigning it your short name of mmm. Set its text your desired replace with value. To invoke type mmm followed by CTRL+Space.

Admittedly there’s a lot of overlap between Auto Replace and Code Templates. Code Templates being the more correct feature for this, many use Auto Replace instead and even Toad’s pre-canned Auto Replace values are Code Template-ish. I’ll log this to investigate C-style strings so you can escape newlines, tabs, etc.

Michael

Great.

Thank you

Brg,**
________________________**

Damir Vadas
http://damir-vadas.blogspot.com

It does not matter what you have in your life, but who!

Razmislite o čuvanju okoliša prije nego odštampate ovaj e-mail
Please consider the environment before printing this email

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Autoreplace in several lines

Reply by Michael Staszewski
You'll want to use Code Templates. See the Editor|Code Templates page in options. Create a new one assigning it your short name of mmm. Set its text your desired replace with value. To invoke type mmm followed by CTRL+Space.

Admittedly there's a lot of overlap between Auto Replace and Code Templates. Code Templates being the more correct feature for this, many use Auto Replace instead and even Toad's pre-canned Auto Replace values are Code Template-ish. I'll log this to investigate C-style strings so you can escape newlines, tabs, etc.

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Damir, look for this in the first beta. Limited C-style string support is included to support tab (\t), carriage return (\r), and line feed (\n) escape sequences in the replace with value. Single slashes must be escaped using double slashes.

To accompany this change I moved the Auto Replace settings over to an XML file from Toad.ini to support future growth and allow for migration of legacy replace with strings to C-style.

Michael

thx