AV on startup with 13.0

I was having power issues earlier today which caused my laptop to keep shutting down. Apparently it wasn’t charging. A couple of times it shut down with TOAD 13.0 open and now when I try to start it I get Access violation at address 0000000006F9340B in module ‘Toad.exe’. Read of address 0000000000000000.

is this maybe just file corruption from an ungraceful shutdown? can I wipe user files or do I need to do a complete uninstall?

Reset of user files will most likely solve it.

Okay, how do I do that if I can’t start the application? Zip 'em up and set them aside and let it rebuild?

I renamed the directory and that allowed it to start. I let it copy from the latest beta user files and that seems to have retrieved most of what I’d be concerned about losing. Do you think it would be safe to let the copy user settings utility from the renamed directory or would that likely copy the apparent corruption too?

Zip 'em up and set them aside and let it rebuild?

Yes, that should do it.

Do you think it would be safe to let the copy user settings utility from the renamed directory or would that likely copy the apparent corruption too?

I think that would just bring your AV back.