can not open the TDA application - Quest.Toad.Exceptions.BaseException -

I am getting several errors one after another like this, other errors says, Failed reading actions from …\plugins\Oracle, …\plugins\DB2, …\plugins\SQL , like wise,

Please suggest me what steps would help me to overcome this probolem. Please note that there is another DB2 database , db2v8 is being a default DB2 copy ,

Quest.Toad.Exceptions.BaseException
Failed reading actions from C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Data Analysis

1.1\Plugins\Core\core.actions.pck

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Stack Trace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct&

signature, IntPtr declaringType)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct

signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder

binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Quest.Toad.Util.Facility.get_Instance()
at Quest.Toad.Db.Provider.Instance(Facility facility)
at Quest.Toad.Db.Provider.GetProviders()
at Quest.Toad.ConnectionManager.ConnectionHierarchy.RootNodeInitialization(ConnGroupNode

node)
at Quest.Toad.ConnectionManager.ConnectionHierarchy…ctor()
at Quest.Toad.ConnectionManager.ConnectionHierarchy.get_Instance()
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.IsReadOnly()
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapManager.Check(Int32 function)
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapResolver.LicenseIndexEntry.CheckEntry(Byte[] licenseKey, Int32

index)
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapResolver.NotIndexEntry.CheckEntry(Byte[] licenseKey, Int32 index)
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapResolver.AndIndexEntry.CheckEntry(Byte[] licenseKey, Int32 index)
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapResolver.ExtendedEntry.CheckEntry(Byte[] licenseKey, Int32 index)
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapResolver.TreeEntry.CheckEntry(Byte[] licenseKey, Int32 index)
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapResolver.ExtendedTreeEntry.CheckEntry(Byte[] licenseKey, Int32

index)
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapResolver.TreeEntry.CheckEntry(Byte[] licenseKey, Int32 index)
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapResolver.ExtendedTreeEntry.CheckEntry(Byte[] licenseKey, Int32

index)

index)

index)
at Quest.Toad.Map.MapResolver.CheckEntry(String licenseKey)
at Quest.Toad.ActionManagement.ActionHolder.ProcessModuleActions(FileInfo manifestFile,

ActionModule module, XmlElement actionNode, Boolean localized, Boolean signed)
at Quest.Toad.ActionManagement.ActionHolder.ProcessModule(FileInfo manifestFile,

XmlElement moduleNode, Boolean localized, Boolean signed)
at Quest.Toad.ActionManagement.ActionHolder.ProcessManifest(FileInfo manifestFile,

Boolean localized)

System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at Quest.Toad.DB2.Common.DB2Utils.EnumerateClients(ClientInfo& defaultClient)
at Quest.Toad.DB2.DB2Provider…ctor()

Before we suggest some steps we’d like to know a little more about your environment.

1. Did you have any connections set to auto connect?
  2. Did you install/upgrade a copy of Toad for Data Analysts and/or Toad for DB2 recently? Do you have more than 1 version of TDA installed side by side?
  3. Have you installed/updated your DB2 client (or another DB2 client) recently?
  4. Can you confirm the version you’re using is Toad for Data Analysis 1.1?

The location for the application settings files changed since 1.1 was released. Please confirm the TDA version you’re currently using is 1.1

Alan

Yes,

1. Did you have any connections set to auto connect?

<<Yes , I made a db2 connetion for auto connect>>

1. Did you install/upgrade a copy of Toad for Data Analysts and/or Toad for DB2 recently? Do you have more than 1 version of TDA installed side by side?

<<No, I have only one version>>

1. Have you installed/updated your DB2 client (or another DB2 client) recently?

<<Yes, I have installed IBM DB2 client lite for using IBMDADB2 provider>>

1. Can you confirm the version you’re using is Toad for Data Analysis 1.1?

<<it is not 1.1, but might be 1.4376, not sure the correct version no>>

We suspect the problem is related to the DB2 lite client installation. What likely is happening is the DB2 client installed with TDA is unable to load db2app.dll which then cascades into other dll’s failing to load.

Before recommending any changes, can you attach a screenshot of all the DB2 services running on your system? Be sure to include the status column to show if the service is started. I’d also like a screenshot and/or export of your HKLM\SOFTWARE\IBM\DB2 registry entries. And the last thing is a screenshot of your current environment variable settings ( Control Panel | System | Advanced | Environment Variables) specifically the path variable.

You can email them to me directly if you prefer: alan.bala@quest.com

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.
Alan

Hi Alan,

It is working fine if i unstall DB2 client runtime lite, I have emailed the details you have asked for . please take a look at it

Thanks for your kind response

unfortunatly i need both of them to be working in my machine