Can you install and run 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Toad simultaneously?

Hello,

I have installed the 6.8 version of Toad DBA Suite which installs the 32-bit version of Toad. If I try to install the latest 64-bit version of Toad along side the 32-bit version I get the following error message:

Does anyone know if they can run side-by-side or do I have to uninstall the 32 bit version first? Also, if I do will it invalidate my DBA Suite licensing?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

You’ll need to uninstall the 32-bit version of Toad in order to install the 64-bit. Note, however, that you won’t be able to launch SQL Optimizer directly from Toad 64-bit. This has no effect on your license and any settings you have made in the 32-bit will be retained in the 64-bit.

Susan

Thanks Susan,

Worked a treat.

Greg

From: Susan K [mailto:bounce-susankilpatrick@toadworld.com]

Sent: 23 November 2017 17:45

To: toadss@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for SQL Server - Discussion Forum] Can you install and run 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Toad simultaneously?

RE: Can you install and run 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Toad simultaneously?

Reply by Susan K

Greg,

You’ll need to uninstall the 32-bit version of Toad in order to install the 64-bit. Note, however, that you won’t be able to launch SQL Optimizer directly from Toad 64-bit. This has no effect on your license and any settings you have made in the 32-bit will be retained in the 64-bit.

Susan

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for SQL Server Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for SQL Server - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Important Notice: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender urgently and dispose of this e-mail. We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. You should, however, check this e-mail, and any attachments to it, for viruses, as we will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party. Company registration details, including registered office information, for Expro’s principal UK companies can be found via the following link: www.exprogroup.com/…/