We are currently evaluating TDM, everything seems to work fine with our PostGre 8.3 server except the reverse engineering part.
I got the following error whenever I try to reverse engineer something :
Source: CS3 - Internal error
Description: ERROR: column t.typmodin does not exist
LINE 1: …id = t.typsend OR p.iod = t.typanalyze OR p.iod = t.typmodin
“REDataMigratorDBPG83” from package “Object RE Database for PostgreSQL 8.3”
- We use : TDM 188.8.131.52
- We’ve tried both Native connection and ODBC connection
- the problem occur in the last step, once the tables are listed and checked, I click on the Execute button
- No error message in the log area
Could you please help us fix this ? Is it related to a specific configuration of our server ?
Thanks a lot !
EDIT: I forgot to say that our PostgreSQL server is a EnterpriseDB 8.3 server I read on the net that this may make a difference for you.
I found the following on the EDB forums, but it lacks details ! :
"I recommend using Toad Data Modeler 3 withEnterpriseDB. Thank Dusty from EnterpriseDB, I found out thatEnterpriseDB are working with Quest Software to make Toad Data Modeler3 more compatible with EnterpriseDB. The software does not fullysupport EnterpriseDB but there are a few tricks to get around them. Irecommend the following in Toad Data Modeler 3:
- Use Postgres Physical Model, I will show below how to declare the packages and stored procedures in TDM
- In Postgres connector wizard, but use the EnterpriseDB postgresplus library (the directions in Toad to setup the library are outdated
- Reverse Engineer the EDB database use the Postgres connector above, it works!
- Oracle Physical Model has problems with domain variable types, still looking for a way to overcome this bug in TDM
Thanks again to Dusty from EnterpriseDB and Michael O from Control Group (NYC)"
Message was edited by: Manny