How to reverse engineer a PostgreSQL 12 database

I know that TDM still doesn't support PostgreSQL 12, but is there any workaround to at least reverse engineer an existing database?

As soon as I try it, TDM fails with the error:

column pd.adsrc does not exist

I tried limiting the types of things to be reverse engineered to a bare minimum (no views, no functions no procedures, no constraints, no tablespace - only tables and indexes) but to no avail.

Is there any workaround other than downgrading my Postgres to 11?

I am using TDM 7.1.0.216

Hi,

To workaround you must resolve two problems with next steps:

1. First problem is in third party component we use for Native Connection. To workaround this problem you must use ODBC connection for reverse engineering PostgreSQL 12.

2. Next, you can use customization feature in TDM.
    I prepared user package for you. Download file OREDBPG11_user.txg. It is user package, which will enable TDM to reverse PostgreSQL 12 database.

How to install user package:

• Run TDM and switch on expert mode (Main Menu > Settings > Options > General > Expert Mode checkbox)
  • In Main Menu should be appeared new menu item "Expert Mode".
  • Go to "Main Menu > Expert Mode > Customization > Import Custom Package" and find and import user package “OREDBPG11_user.txg”.
  • After this restart TDM.

In fact this process only copy package to location defined in TDM. By Default it is “C:\Users\USERNAMEXY\Documents\Toad Data Modeler\Standard Installation\Packages{DCB5CB9B-CF65-4350-86B5-285D246FC5AC}”.

Now you can run TDM, and try reverse PostgreSQL 12.

For uninstall simply delete this user package in Documents path.

Regards,

Mario

Thanks for the reply, now I get the error message "column c.relhasoids does not exist"

Do I need to select the new package somewhere in the reverse engineering dialog?

Hi,

When you downloaded and installed mentioned user package, then after restart TDM you must select PostgreSQL 11 in Reverse Engineering Wizard (step Select Data Source).

Do you have user package "OREDBPG11_user.txg" in path “C:\Users\USERNAMEXY\Documents\Toad Data Modeler\Standard Installation\Packages{DCB5CB9B-CF65-4350-86B5-285D246FC5AC}”?
And Doesn't you have some other User Packages in this location? ("My Packages" and Templates exist by default)