Change program icon

Hi I run both Toad for SQL server and Toad for Data Point. Both have the same icon on the taskbar. It is a little confusing so if it’s possible I want to make them different.

I tried but couldn’t change the icon. Does anyone know how to?

thanks,

Ben

You’re right… the icon files should be different for our different Toad flavors. Each Toad product has its own ICO icon image file.

If you launch from a desktop shortcut, just open up the properties dialog, and press the Change Icon button.

Assign another Toad-related ICO icon file of your choice, if one is available (or any ICO file, for that matter.)

That should tide you over until we get another icon file assigned.

I have to start the program from command line, so it imposes some limitation. (from command, I do “c:\program…\toad.exe”)

I tried these but it didn’t work.

· Change icon in property of toad.exe.

· Change icon in desktop shortcut. (This changes the icon shown on the desktop screen, but does not change it on the taskbar.)

o I did execute “PATH-TO-DESKTOP\Toad Data Point 4.2.lnk”

It may be because our environment is tightly managed under various rules.

Not a big deal. I can live with it.

Thanks,

Ben Kim | Database Administrator III

Provost IT Office, Academic Services | Texas A&M University

ph: 979.458.5203 | bkim@tamu.edu

http://pito.tamu.edu

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 12:36 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Change program icon

RE: Change program icon

Reply by Gary.Jerep

You’re right… the icon files should be different for our different Toad flavors. Each Toad product has its own ICO icon image file.

If you launch from a desktop shortcut, just open up the properties dialog, and press the Change Icon button.

Assign another Toad-related ICO icon file of your choice, if one is available (or any ICO file, for that matter.)

That should tide you over until we get another icon file assigned.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

It's been a while since this was visited, but Quest should really give Data Point a different icon. I run Data Point and Toad for SQL; it does get confusing.

I need to runas /netonly, and this does not work for shortcuts. A trick is to follow Gary Jerep's instructions and change the Data Point icon to the Toad Workbook icon, for example, then pin the shortcut to the Taskbar. When Data Point starts, it will occupy the icon you pinned to the Taskbar, not the icon in the .exe file.