Change "Set" tab names in the results sets...

Hi -

I’m new to Toad Data Point. I tried searching for the answer to my question, but may be using the wrong search parameters.

We recently installed Toad because we had to stop using the proprietary SQL program we were running for our scripts. For me in general, I have several scripts I run at once, and in the program we were using, if I were to have, for example, “–>script name 1” , “–>script name 2”, etc. before each of my scripts, the names I gave them would show as tabs at the bottom with the results.

However, in the SQL editor in Toad, they just come out as “Set 1”, “Set 2”, etc. in the Results Sets tab (as in http://www.toadworld.com/TipsandTricks/tabid/74/TID/384/cid/38/Default.aspx).

Is there a way to change the names so that instead of “Set 1”, “Set 2” those tabs will show “script name 1” , “script name 2”?

We are currently using Toad Data Point 3.2.0.910, and most of those in our office will probably only be using the SQL editor.

Thanks for any assistance!

Cheri

Each script/file would be executed in a different editor.

For a single execution of a SQL statement we only give it a number as you mention - 'Set 1; Set 2:'. You can manually rename the tab by right clicking on tab and choosing 'Rename tab'.

Also at the right bottom of the result set there is an expander where you can expand and see what SQL is associated to that result set.

Or you can use the multiple result set stack. Here you execute with F5. It executes all SQL and puts a stacked series of results in one result tab. Navigate by useing SQL tree on left and hints.l

See screenshots.

These are the different tools we offer to label result sets.

Debbie

For a single execution of a SQL statement we only give it a number as you mention - 'Set 1; Set 2:'. You can manually rename the tab by right clicking on tab and choosing 'Rename tab'.

Also at the right bottom of the result set there is an expander where you can expand and see what SQL is associated to that result set.

Or you can use the multiple result set stack. Here you execute with F5. It executes all SQL and puts a stacked series of results in one result tab. Navigate by useing SQL tree on left and hints.l

See screenshots.

Debbie
renameTab2.png

See screenshots.

Debbie
RenameTab1.png

Debbie -

Thanks for replying. Before submitting my query to the forum, I had tried most of the solutions you outlined. Unfortunately, none of those will work for how we have our set-up. I have about 15 - 20 groups of scripts that I run each day, and within each group maybe 10 or more scripts. Each script has a name, and each group of scripts has a name. So it's important for me (and the others in our office when they run their scripts) to be able to see the name of the script in the results so that I know at which ouput I am looking. Since these scripts are run each day, renaming the tab is not feasible. Running the scripts one at a time would be too time consuming for the number of scripts I run.

The closest we will be able to come to at this time will be adding in the hints (thanks for pointing that out, as regular comments weren't showing up for me!).

I attached a screen shot mock-up of the set up on the proprietary program, and what I'm trying to replicate with Toad. I saw the "Idea Pond" on the Toad website, so may go ahead and suggest something there.

Thanks again for your reply!

Cheri
script_example.jpeg

I see. They are using comments/regions as the way to label the result sets. I think we can do that. It is too late to make it into the TDP 3.3 release. But let me see if we can for the next release. I entered CR107832 for this.

Good idea.

Debbie