Check For Updates is Giving an Error

I have Toad set to check for updates on startup and currently it is not alerting me to the new releases like it used to. Also, if I manually click Help --> Check For Updates I get an Error Dialog:

Toad Message

Unexpected format of version file ver.txt. Expected Major.Minor.Release.Build

Is this happening for everyone or just me?

Thanks,

Mark.

Both beta and GA are working OK here. What are the contents of this file? http://community-downloads.quest.com/toadsoft/ORACLE/VERSION/betaver.txt The file should contain only 13.0.0.44.

Michael

Just checked the GA and that does the same thing for me. I clicked the link you posted and it currently just returns 13.0.0.46.

I also found my ver.txt in my User Files and that contains the string 12.11.0.95 which I actually would’ve expected to be 12.12.0.39 but even changing it to that made no difference.

The betaver.txt contains a string of html which, amongst other things, references the link you posted above.

Error.jpeg

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark.

The betaver.txt contains a string of html which, amongst other things, references the link you posted above.

Post the full contents of the file. It should contain only two lines. A version string on line one and then a newline.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/86/betaver.txt:320:240]

Hmmm - my file has only 1 line with the html string. I have just tried changing it to be like you said - 2 lines: 1st line containing 13.0.0.46 and the 2nd line blank but I still get the error when checking for updates.

Thanks,

Mark.

Your company network is not serving up the text file as-is. Save the file as HTML and load it in your browser. I’m taken to a sign-on page for what I assume is your employer. Maybe they can whitelist betaver.txt and ver.txt both at that same location.

Michael

Thanks Michael - that was it. My company has made some changes to its internet authentication process and that was affecting it - just took someone who knew what they were looking at to work it out! :slight_smile: