Code Assists not working

Hello.

I am on Toad 15.1 (Latest version) and code assists does not work pretty well. If I select Join Suggestion, it takes forever saying "Loading constrains..." But nothing happen. If I uncheck this option, only tables, views and users are recover, but missing all objects such as procedures or functions.

Regards,

I understand that it's taking a long time, but how long did you wait?
It should only have to load constraints one time, so if you let it finish, then the next time the code asssist window appears, it won't run any queries at all and will be very fast.

Procedures, packages, etc, are not controlled by the "Join Suggestions" option. They have their own checkboxes in the same place in options. Please double-check that.

Hi John.

Exactly, procedures and functions were unchecked. After Check, problem was solved. And know (after loading Constrains for 3 minutes), it is much faster,

Regards

Wow, 3 minutes is very slow. I'm sorry about that. In all of our tests, the new query was faster than the old one.

Can you let me know what database version you are using, and about how many tables and foreign key constraints there are?

Also, make sure that your statistics on the data dictionary are up to date. You can do that with the script below (it may take a few minutes to run)

BEGIN
  SYS.DBMS_STATS.GATHER_DICTIONARY_STATS (
     Granularity       => 'AUTO'
    ,Options           => 'GATHER STALE'
    ,Estimate_Percent  => SYS.DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE
    ,Degree            => SYS.DBMS_STATS.DEFAULT_DEGREE
    ,Cascade           => DBMS_STATS.AUTO_CASCADE
    ,No_Invalidate     => DBMS_STATS.AUTO_INVALIDATE);
END;
/

BEGIN
  SYS.DBMS_STATS.GATHER_FIXED_OBJECTS_STATS (