Code Road Map Hanging

Hello Everyone,

The version of Toad for Oracle that I’m using is 12.6.0.53 64Bit. The problem is when after I select the objects to be included in the Code Road Map Project, the ‘Updating Diagram’ - LOADING DATABASE OBJECT REFERENCES’ Message Box is displayed. I’ve waited over 30 minutes and then selected ‘Cancel’ and I’m still waiting for the message box to disappear. Is there a trick to get the ‘Code Road Map’ feature of Toad to work?

Thanks

Further info…It appears that Toad For Oracle 12.6.0.53 Code Road Map is unable to add Package objects.

How so? Do you see any dialogs or error messages? It’s working here for me.

Regarding the hanging… have you gathered statistics recently? If not, do so. It may help. This blog has all of the info on how to do that as well as other things
you can check.
http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/b/weblog/archive/2007/12/17/speed-up-toad.aspx

Michael

From: dpalazotto [mailto:bounce-dpalazotto@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:41 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Code Road Map Hanging

RE: Code Road Map Hanging

Reply by dpalazotto

Further info…It appears that Toad For Oracle 12.6.0.53 Code Road Map is unable to add Package objects.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I’ve waited over two hours for a simple package to populate on the Code Road Map Project. The current version of Oracle is 11G R2.

Ok, refer to the blog and gather statistics. That would be a good starting point.

From: dpalazotto [mailto:bounce-dpalazotto@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:59 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Code Road Map Hanging

RE: Code Road Map Hanging

Reply by dpalazotto

I’ve waited over two hours for a simple package to populate on the Code Road Map Project. The current version of Oracle is 11G R2.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Do you know if the Code Road Map has issues with a connection that is a RAC DB?

It can handle RAC just fine. I just loaded a pretty complex CRM (5 tables, 15 packages and 2 triggers). It took a minute or so to load.