I want to teach/learn myself Oracle by working with the Oracle express edition. I have downloaded the SQL Developer and I can work with it, which means I can create a connection.
On my work we are working with TOAD, so I like to have Toad working as well.
If i try to make a connection:
- “No valid clients found. You need at least one 64-bit client properly configured”
If I click on TNSNames editor:
- Access violation in address xxxxxxx at module TOAD.exe"
I have installed oracle at D:\ORACLE_HOME. In this directory is also a TNSNAMES.ORA file.
I have installed the express edition with the installer. I have first installed the Oracle express edition and later TOAD.
I’m working on my local machine with:
- windows 7 Home
- Oracle 32 bit client:
- Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 184.108.40.206.0 - Production
- PL/SQL Release 220.127.116.11.0 - Production
- “CORE 18.104.22.168.0 Production”
- TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 22.214.171.124.0 - Production
- NLSRTL Version 126.96.36.199.0 - Production
- TOAD 64-bit freeware.
- Are there certain environment variables necessary? Does TOAD expect Oracle at a certain directory?
- Is it necessary to add something to the PATH environment variable?
- 32-bit Oracle client will working with the 64-bit TOAD freeware?**