Connecting to DB2 instance on the mainframe

I am a newbie. So please bear with me.

I have installed toad 4.7.1.638. We have an enterprise Licence.
I beleive I installed the ZOS version but I may be mistaken which brings me to the first question

1. Is there a way to verify that I have the ZOS version installed?

For the rest of the questions I will assume that I do have the ZOS version installed
2. What information would I need to set up the connection to the DB2 Instance?
3. I will be creating a front end (GUI) application using Visual Studio. What do I need to set up a connection string so that my application can talk to the DB2 database?
Thank you in advance for your support.

BTW I just figured out that the version I installed is the “LUW Professional” version.

So does that mean I will need to download and install the Z/OS upgrade? Will that invalidate my license?

Thanks Again

Mohinder,
When you install Toad for DB2, support for both DB2 LUW and DB2 on z/OS is installed. The specific license that you or your organization purchased controls whether you have access to DB2 LUW, DB2 z/OS (or both).
From what I gather, your organization purchased a DB2 LUW Professional License.
If you want to gain access to DB2 on z/OS within Toad, you will need to purchase a Toad for DB2 on z/OS product. That will come with a separate Toad DB2 z/OS license. Once you have done that, you do not need to download or reinstall Toad DB2 4.7.1.638, but you will just need to add the new Toad DB2 z/OS license (by selecting Help | Licensing from the main menu in Toad) within your already installed 4.7.1.638 version of Toad DB2.
Hope this helps,
Jeff