Connection color for background disappears when file is saved

I am trying to use the Editor option “Apply connection color” for the background of my SQL files. When I create a new file, almost the entire background is tinted the connection color. But when I execute the script or save the file, the lines of my script turn white. I suppose this is because the Background color option is set to “Window” (the default), which seems to override the “Apply connection color” choice for the contents of the script. If I change the background color option to be pink rather than “Window”, then my other connections have pink content as well, even though they are different category colors.

Is there a way to keep the entire background in the connection color, even when the script is run or saved?

ToadConnectionColor.jpeg

P.S. I am using Toad Data Point 3.6.0.3276

That looks like a bug. I entered a bug issue for this (QAT-4580). For now choose the Web tab and the transparent color. This will help.

FYI if choose Web -> Transparent as the background color, then when I try to open a new Editor window I get the following error and cannot open an Editor window:

Toad Data Point 3.6.0.3276System.ArgumentException
Control does not support transparent background colors.
Stack Trace:
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_BackColor(Color value)
at ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.UIControl.set_BackColor(Color value)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.set_BackColor(Color value)
at Quest.Toad.Editor.EditorControl.UpdateBackColor(SyntaxEditor syntaxEditor, IConnection connection)
at Quest.Toad.Editor.EditorControl.ApplyEditorSettings(IConnection connection)
at Quest.Toad.Editor.EditorControl.updateSettings()
at Quest.Toad.Editor.EditorControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.TabbedMdiWindow.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.ToolWindowContainer.#Lje(Int32 #Iwf, ToolWindow #Jce)
at ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.ToolWindowContainer.#Lje(ToolWindow #Jce)
at #Obe.#ace.Add(Control value)
at Quest.Toad.Editor.EditorForm.InitializeComponent()
at Quest.Toad.Editor.EditorForm…ctor()

Mnnn…I don’t get that error. But I am using the newly posted TDP 3.6.1. patch. I would download that version and see if that occurs.

Hi Debbie, today I installed the new 3.6.1 version and I still get an error when I select Transparent. To start with a clean slate, I restored all defaults and then specified Transparent in the Options:

Toad transparent test 1-6-2015.png

When I click on Apply, it gives me this error:

Yes, I see that the new interface does not support transparent. I couldn’t find any other better color that would bypass the situation so we will have to stick with the bug ticket QAT-4580