'Connection Color' questions

Hi Greg,

XP themes are sooooooo 2003.
Some of us have yet to reach 2003! We are still on 2000!

Mark is planning on the new
Windows 7/Vista Aero look and feel with ribbons!
I seriously hope not! :wink:

I have yet to meet anyone who thinks the ribbons are a good idea.

Now, watch everyone I have never met pop up here and tell me that they
all love it!

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

PS. Which state of the USA still uses the Union Jack (actually, the Flag
of the Union), on it's state flag?

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Hi Mark,

Ok, you guys have asked for it.

Can you do a Dunbar Tartan one just for me, please?
:wink:

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Or how about NFL team skins that control all such colorings throughout TOAD :slight_smile:

And we should make the Cowboys the default since they’re America’s team !!!

I like the office ribbons to be honest. Some more than others…

This picture makes me reach for the tape dispenser on my desk.

Rich -- [TeamT]

Disclaimer: I believe you have my stapler.

[cid:image001.png@01CA7E3B.C7B61690]

Hi Mark,

Brilliant! :slight_smile:

Shame about the tartan itself though - I think it’s dire!

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

In answer to Normans question:

Hawaii

I only know that becuase I went there once as a Postgrad…

Shaun Harvey
Marlborough Underwriting Agency Limited

Hi Rich,

This picture makes me reach for the tape dispenser on my desk.
Ah yes, good old SCOTCH tape!

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamIDon'tLikeMyOwnTartan]

For those looking for reasons to get off Win 2000 - some new software packages (such as Toad for Data Analysts) requires dot net versions that will not install on Win 2000. Plus of course Microsoft is no longer providing good support in the way of patches for that nearly decade old platform :slight_smile:

Hi Bert,

For those looking for reasons to get off Win 2000 ....

coming soon - Windows 7. We think!

Well, we have been sold off to the lowest bidder, not sure if I can
mention the name yet, and the plan is to upgrade everything to Windows

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Disclaimer: the only thing wrong with Linux is the lack of a native
version of Toad. :wink:

Norman Dunbar
Contract Oracle DBA
CIS Engineering Services
Internal : 7 28 2051
External : 0113 231 2051

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) 1.jpeg

In answer to Normans question:

Hawaii

Correct!

Norman Dunbar
Contract Oracle DBA
CIS Engineering Services

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still
check any attachment before opening it.

We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under
the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email
messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also
be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business
purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and
conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about
the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Hey Mark,

How about this? Yes??

Hey Mark,

How about this? Yes??

Something just this morning that I emailed our sales consultants regarding Windows 7:

If you have customers that ask for advice about our products and Windows 7, I have the following observations (so far).

I’ve installed many of our products on Windows 7 natively with few problems. And when I do encounter an issue - I use Windows 7’s built in virtual machine (called Windows XP Mode - and which you have to manually download and install yourself - it’s not there automatically) to have a complete Windows XP environment running under Windows 7 where all our software runs just fine - no issues whatsoever. It’s basically just a Virtual PC (not Hyper-V) installation and virtual machine pre-made, optimized, and somewhat integrated into Windows 7. But again - you must add this in manually.

Now I’m a huge VMware fan or bigot. But not all our customers may be VMware savvy or sold. That’s why this Windows XP Mode is so handy. First it’s free from Microsoft as part of your Windows 7 Professional and above experience. Second, the Windows XP copy does NOT require a separate Windows XP license (as VMware would) - it operates off your Windows 7 license.

Hi Bert,

Something just this morning that I emailed our sales
consultants regarding Windows 7:

Thanks.

I was aware of the XP virtualisation that was "included" with Windows 7.
A good idea and it saves the Vista-like rush to downgrade when things
don't work! So Kudos to Microsoft for putting it in - possibly just in
case!

Unfortunately, if our powers that be decide we are not allowed it, we
won't get it and downloading is forbidden and actively prevented here.
For obvious reasons.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Norman Dunbar
Contract Oracle DBA
CIS Engineering Services

image001.jpeg