Ctrl+click redescribe the package spec in DESC window instead of navigate to the opened tab

I have a package body where a local variables has a User-Defined type (TYPE … IS TABLE OF … INDEX BY PLS_INTEGER) which is defined in a Package spec. Both the package body (where the variable is exists) and the package spec (where the type is referenced) are opened in the Editor.

When I click the type definition on at the declaration part of the code then Toad redesribes and opens the Package Body in a Describe window instead of selects the correct tab and navigates the cursor to the appropriate row.

Tamas

Can you send me your toad.ini? I can’t reproduce it but it seems options related.

From: drbubo20 [mailto:bounce-urbantamas@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 10:04 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Ctrl+click redescribe the package spec in DESC window instead of navigate to the opened tab

I have a package body where a local variables has a User-Defined type (TYPE … IS TABLE OF … INDEX BY PLS_INTEGER) which is defined in a Package spec. Both the
package body (where the variable is exists) and the package spec (where the type is referenced) are opened in the Editor.

When I click the type definition on at the declaration part of the code then Toad redesribes and opens the Package Body in a Describe window instead of selects
the correct tab and navigates the cursor to the appropriate row.

Tamas

The referenced object (the package spec) doesn’t contain a body part. Maybe this could be the trick.