Desc Window for Packages

Something is off in the sync between the Navigator and the portion of the describe window that displays the source code for packages.

I had first opened a package using Ctrl-D and entering the package name. I found the procedure I wanted to look at and selected it using the Navigator. Then I clicked the Toggle Spec/Body button. When I did, the selected procedure in the Navigator changed to the one prior to the one I was looking at (prior in the order in which they exist in the package body itself, not alphabetically). I tried to reproduce this, but couldn’t find the exact steps to do this, but in the process I discovered that if I select one of the parameters in the body in source window, the previous procedure name gets highlighted in the Navigator. In fact, I’ve found that clicking as far down as the 6th line of the procedure keeps the previous procedure highlighted. As I double-clicked on various words in the code, the Navigator selection moved all over the place, including the name of the package itself when the word I selected was “when”.

Hopefully this is enough information to help you reproduce this one. Let me know if you need to see the actual package code and I can send it to you.

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Hi Phyllis,

It’s as-designed that when you toggle package spec/body, it will stay on the same procedure/function, but not a parameter of that procedure/function, or any line within the procedure/function.

I haven’t been able to reproduce any “Navigator selection moving all over the place”, but if you want to send a package to me, I’ll try it with yours.

-John

What e-mail should I use to send this to you? My attempt at sending the package to first.last@quest.com failed. . .

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 12:29 PM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Desc Window for Packages

Reply by John Dorlon
Hi Phyllis,

It's as-designed that when you toggle package spec/body, it will stay on the same procedure/function, but not a parameter of that procedure/function, or any line within the procedure/function.

I haven't been able to reproduce any "Navigator selection moving all over the place", but if you want to send a package to me, I'll try it with yours.

-John

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

john.dorlon@quest.com should work. Maybe you misspelled it?