Dark themes in Data Point?

I have to reinstall Data Point on a new PC, and I'm wondering - are there still no dark themes for the editor? I found a post here from 05/09/2014 saying that this would be resolved in "a future release" - is this still on the roadmap? Having to go in and manually set the color for each element, for each environment, is amazingly tedious and unnecessary. As users have been requesting this for nearly a decade, I'm surprised that such low-hanging fruit hasn't been resolved yet.

I don't pretend to speak for our Product Manager, but I can see that support of a dark theme is definitely being considered in our roadmap. Truth be told, there are many "low-hanging fruit" requests that Quest must consider from its (literally) hundreds of thousands of TDP users... doing our best to prioritize these!

Of course - I do understand. It is a little frustrating to see the same "we're working on it" reply many times over a period of many years.

In the meantime - is there any way for me to replicate the setting on my old laptop on my new one? Is there a file / set of files that I could copy from one install to the other?

Sure thing... Help-> About will display a links to the product's Application Data Directory. Back up or save that directory, and then migrate some or all of that directory to the new install's Application Data Directory. I just this week used this method to recover some old named SQL Recall entries that I accidentally deleted. There's also a bit more guidance on this topic in the Installation Guide off the Support site.

Persistence pays off.... in conversing with the Product Manager, looking to support dark themed UI in TDP toward the end of the year... however, as any software vendor will tell you, any targeted time frames for releases are tentative and subject to change.

1 Like

Got it - thanks! Now I just need MFA for Azure, and I'll be good to to. :wink:

I just installed the latest DataPoint, and I’m still not finding this. During the install, I selected the option to import the settings from my previous install, but it didn’t work at all – none of my environment settings nor my DB connections were imported. Is there a way to pull the settings from the previous install, or do I have to reset everything manually?

For connexion templates, you can export them from older version to reimport in the newer, that i ve done when upgrading from 5.1 to 5.5.
For the editor, i think it's possible to save a template but manually, i will try, i prefer dark themes too.

Just an update - we have a release coming out in December - but dark theme did not make it into this one. We are hoping for it to make it into one of the early releases next year.

hi,
while waiting for the update,
this is a workaround, even if editor background stay white. You will have to go to "highlighting Styles" of editor option to customize it.

1 Like