UI Dark Mode (proposal)

Can You add "UI Dark Mode"?

It's on our radar

2 Likes

Thank You, @JohnDorlon

Unfortunately this has been on the radar for years and several people have requested it so while it is no doubt on the list. It is clearly not a priority. I would like to know what needs to happen to elevate this.

1 Like

Good morning Keith,

Thank you for taking the lead on this.

I believe the best method is to talk / convince a product manager that Dark Mode is worth pursuing. I hope it is a lighter lift than leaving XP look and feel. The only product manager I know follows:

Julie Hyman

Sr. Product Manager | Information Management

Quest | Phoenix, AZ

Email julie.hyman@quest.com

Mobile +1 (818) 445-0388

Office +1 (949) 754-9178

Larry

There is no need to speak to the manager. This is already high priority, but it requires a lot of little changes here and there to make it look good. I wanted to make this a surprise for y'all later this beta cycle but I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag.

It's not just "on the radar", it's coming. Soon. Be patient. And remember, we always have, and we continue to work our butts off for y'all.

It'll be more than just one "dark mode". There will be several color themes and more could be added after that. Here's a preview of a few of them.

5 Likes

Niiice!

This makes me wistful for the Toad colorization discussion from (15???) years ago. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing the change!

Rich

1 Like

That was a classic.

2 Likes

That is epic and I can't wait

Color me 🆂🆄🆁🅿🆁🅸🆂🅴🅳! This will be a nice change for monitor No. 3.

There are a lot of theme choices. Initially there were almost 40 of them. I eliminated about 1/2 of them because I thought they were ugly. I wouldn't mind eliminating another half. I don't think we need that many choices. Y'all can help with that.

I'm thinking initial theme mode release will be next week's beta. It'll be a little rough around the edges at first, but I'll continue to polish it.

1 Like

IMHO, MS Visual Studio 2019 Dark Theme is well example.

I am not designing the themes. We have a list to choose from. There are also some 3rd party ones we can buy if needed.

They are amazing. thank you very much

1 Like