Dat Grid - Visual Style

Hi, I am new to version 11.6.0.43, have been stuck in ver. 9.7 doe to sql- net 8.

Question: I am trying to define my own style for the data-grid and I can’t figure out - if it is even possible - how to change the style of the field current record AND column.

Right now the current record shows the defined style “Selection”, but the style of the currebt column is the exact style of that record/column if it wasn’t the current record, i.e.the “ContentOdd(Even)”.

Can one change the style of the current record/column to be something USER defined?

If so how?

To change the color of the selected row…

View > Toad Options > Data Grids > Visual > [Edit Styles] > Pick a style and press [Edit…] > Pick ‘Selection’ and change the color. This will change the
color of the selected row.

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 1:12 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Dat Grid - Visual Style

Dat Grid - Visual Style

Thread created by schwartzl

Hi, I am new to version 11.6.0.43, have been stuck in ver. 9.7 doe to sql- net 8.

Question: I am trying to define my own style for the data-grid and I can’t figure out - if it is even possible - how to change the style of the field current record AND column.

Right now the current record shows the defined style “Selection”, but the style of the currebt column is the exact style of that record/column if it wasn’t the current record, i.e.the
“ContentOdd(Even)”.

Can one change the style of the current record/column to be something USER defined?

If so how?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Dennis, yes this will change the style of the “current” record", but not the “current record column”, that stays whatever it supposed to be. This makes it harder to see where exactly your cursor is in the grid. I would like to be able to set the style of the current record & column.

I think I might be missing something here. :slight_smile: The current record and column would be an individual cell, which would act the same as highlighting a row.
If you click on the cell, then that is a ‘selection’ and would act according to the setting I sent before (see pic below). Is this what you’re looking for?

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 1:55 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Dat Grid - Visual Style

RE: Dat Grid - Visual Style

Reply by schwartzl

Dennis, yes this will change the style of the “current” record", but not the “current record column”, that stays whatever it supposed to be. This makes it harder to see where exactly your cursor
is in the grid. I would like to be able to set the style of the current record & column.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I think it’s just the terminology that was tripping me up. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you are asking if you can highlight an individual column in the grid. If that’s the case, not that I know of. However, if you want to export just a column (or certain columns) to excel (or other formats), you can do that various ways - 1) Limit the query; 2) In upper left hand corner select the columns you want to display; 3) Export Dataset - Exclude the columns you don’t want exported. Hope this helps.

It’s “Twilight zone” time!! In one schema browser window the whole record is highlighted (using “Selection” style) and I can traverse the columns where the record is still highlighted but the current cursor field (column) is not highlighted. In all other schema browser windows it acts exactly like you show (and most probably should). Thus my confusion (Now you hear Rod Serling’s voice: “In an office there is a dark cubicle…”).

THX for your help, I’ll just put this under the category “Gremlins” :slight_smile:

Right-click on the grid and uncheck “Row select”

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 2:40 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Dat Grid - Visual Style

RE: Dat Grid - Visual Style

Reply by schwartzl

It’s “Twilight zone” time!! In one schema browser window the whole record is highlighted (using “Selection” style) and I can traverse the columns where the record is still highlighted but the
current cursor field (column) is not highlighted. In all other schema browser windows it acts exactly like you show (and most probably should). Thus my confusion (Now you hear Rod Serling’s voice: “In an office there is a dark cubicle…”).

THX for your help, I’ll just put this under the category “Gremlins” :slight_smile:

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

THX that was easy and I feel like a … first time user.