Database compare

I recently upgraded to Toad 12.1.

When I do a Database Comparison, how do I see my compare results on the screen?

The older version of Toad displayed results on screen, and gave me an option to save to a file if needed.

It’s still there. You should have a “Results” tab that is automatically selected after the comparison is finished, and you can right-click it to save to file. If you don’t see it, post a screen shot of what you do see.

You may be confused by the old “free” limited version of comapre/sync in the non-DB admin module license vs. you now get the full blown comapre/sync (it was moved down from optional db admin module into base product). So it might be different - but better as you now get the full monty and not the old watered down version …

First I got nothing when I just had the Live Database Source and Target selected.

This screen print is after selecting the create a snapshot file. After it runs I get nothing (no output… no results tab).

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:53 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Database compare

*** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ***

RE: Database compare

Reply by John Dorlon

It’s still there. You should have a “Results” tab that is automatically selected after the comparison is finished, and you can right-click it to save to file. If you don’t see it, post
a screen shot of what you do see.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

It sounds like you are close, but I didn’t see any screen print, so I’m not sure what to tell you…sorry to ask the obvious but did you click the green triangle button at the top?

Comp1.jpeg

Then after it runs you should see as below. You can click where I’ve circled to expand it and see details.

comp2.jpeg

Thanks for the 2nd screen shot. That’s what I am expecting to see. But after clicking the green arrow….I do not see any results.

Trying another screen shot from my compare below.

I see it processing through the list of objects on the bottom command line: where it says SYSTEM@GPORTD01. But when it finishes. I get this screen.

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:09 PM

*** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ***

Reply by John Dorlon

It sounds like you are close, but I didn’t see any screen print, so I’m not sure what to tell you…sorry to ask the obvious but did you click the green triangle button at the top?

Then after it runs you should see as below. You can click where I’ve circled to expand it and see details.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Sorry, Valerie, I’m still not seeing your screen shots. Try this: Go to www.toadworld.com/.../21890.aspx

(that’s this thread), and when you are making your post, click “Use rich formatting”. That will display a toolbar in the editor. About halfway across on the 2nd toolbar is a button that says “insert/edit media” when you hover over it. I’ve been saving my screen shots to .jpg files and then using that button to insert it into the message.

From: valerie.jackson [mailto:bounce-valeriejackson@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:39 PM

Reply by valerie.jackson

Thanks for the 2nd screen shot. That’s what I am expecting to see. But after clicking the green arrow….I do not see any results.

Trying another screen shot from my compare below.

I see it processing through the list of objects on the bottom command line: where it says SYSTEM@GPORTD01. But when it finishes. I get this screen.

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:09 PM

Reply by John Dorlon

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Well, it doesn’t look like you are doing anything wrong. I set up my screen like yours and it worked OK. Try this: Uncheck all those boxes to create snapshot files and to save output to files, then run. Maybe something in one of those processes is having a problem, and it’s preventing something from happening. Also, try going to the “options” tab and just comparing one or two object types. If that works, start adding things back in and if you can tell what breaks it, let me know. Sorry to ask you to do all that work, but I can’t reproduce the problem here…

I cannot reproduce either - I tried the same things and it worked here too. Sorry - but now I’m interested in what you find out it is. It has me stumped …

OMG. That worked. I unchecked the snapshot file and output file boxes. I unselected comparisons from all the objects and selected just 2. The RESULTS and SYNC tabs now appear. I added a few more objects to compare, results continue to show. I re-selected all objects, and results continue to show. So now I’m thinking it may have been the snapshot file/output file. So I went back and re-checked the snapshot file/output file boxes. And results still show. So not sure of the solution… but once the RESULTS & SYNC tabs appeared for the first time. It now continues to show. This is what I needed. Thanks for all your help.

weird. Glad it’s working though.