Dialogues do not close after [OK] clicked.

Since upgrading to 12, I’ve noticed that pop-up dialogues like the create table, alter table, create constraint, etc. do not close after you’ve clicked “OK” and got Toad to create, alter or whatever it is you want.

For example - pick a table in the schema browser, click the “Alter selected table” icon, change one of the columns (make it {not} null, change the size, whatever), click “OK”.

A box pops up saying “processing script”, then disappears, and the change you made is applied to the database.

However, the “Alter Table” dialogue is still open. The only way to close it is to click the “Cancel” button - at which Toad asks me whether I want to “Exit without saving?”. Well, no I don’t, and actually I won’t since the change has already been “saved”, but it’s an alarming question to be asked.

What should happen is that the main dialogue should automatically close after the object has been successfully altered/changed/etc.

Toad v 12.0.0.61 by the way

I’m not sure what’s going wrong. For me, the dialog closes automatically after the script finishes.

From: chris_4134 [mailto:bounce-chris_4134@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:02 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Dialogues do not close after [OK] clicked.

Dialogues do not close after [OK] clicked.

Thread created by chris_4134

Since upgrading to 12, I’ve noticed that pop-up dialogues like the create table, alter table, create constraint, etc. do not close after you’ve clicked “OK” and got Toad to create, alter or
whatever it is you want.

For example - pick a table in the schema browser, click the “Alter selected table” icon, change one of the columns (make it {not} null, change the size, whatever), click “OK”.

A box pops up saying “processing script”, then disappears, and the change you made is applied to the database.

However, the “Alter Table” dialogue is still open. The only way to close it is to click the “Cancel” button - at which Toad asks me whether I want to “Exit without saving?”. Well, no I don’t,
and actually I won’t since the change has already been “saved”, but it’s an alarming question to be asked.

What should happen is that the main dialogue should automatically close after the object has been successfully altered/changed/etc.

Toad v 12.0.0.61 by the way

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Ah, I shut down Toad (I had to kill it with the Task Manager to get it to go), then re-started it. Dialogues then worked normally.

My database connection times out sometimes, meaning I’ve fired off queries that have resulted in ORA-3114 errors. I thought I’d got away with it, but it looks like dialogue failure might be yet another side-effect of the “loss of database connection leads to unexpected chaos” error.

>My database connection times out sometimes, meaning I’ve fired off queries that have resulted in ORA-3114 errors
This has only with your network settings … Try to connect to your local database (on your PC) and leave toad open for several hours…it will be alive and kicking.

Brg
Damir Vadas

I’m well aware that it is the network settings that are shutting down the connection. The shutdown is nothing to do with Toad, and I don’t expect it to “fix” it.

What I do expect is for Toad to cope with a connection going down without the panoply of bizarre error behaviours that can occur after a connection is lost. Just report the ORA-3114 and have done with it (maybe offering to reconnect while you’re at it). Don’t display big blank areas at the bottom of the window, cause icons to disappear, refuse to shutdown without recourse to File Manager, etc… Is that too much to ask?