Toad World® Forums

drop table difference between F5 and F9 in TC

Hi,

I have 2 tables, test1 and test2, both under TC and in GIT, checkin. I made script:

drop table test1

/

drop table test2

/

If I run this script with F5 it gives an error message in the log, that " TABLE1 is locked by another user".

If I run the 1th statement with F9, it gives the checkout Window (question, is it necessary?), and the object is dropped.

If I delete the 2nd drop, then F5 works the same as F9. So the 2nd statement makes the script not working.

Herald

Hey Herald,

If TABLE1 was checked out by another user at the time you were attempting to drop it, you’ll receive the error message “TABLE1 is locked by another user.” In that situation, Team Coding should not allow you to drop the table.

You’re correct, though, on whether TC should require a checkout before performing drop command. It probably shouldn’t if the object is available (not checked out by someone else). This has been fixed for the next beta. Remember: even though you’re working in Git, which is a distributed VCS, the database still operates in a centralized (pessimistic) mode. If someone else is working on a database object, Team Coding will not let you change that object – even though the object may not locked in your personal repository.

-John

From: herald.ten.dam [mailto:bounce-heraldtendam@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 7:50 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] drop table difference between F5 and F9 in TC

drop table difference between F5 and F9 in TC

Thread created by herald.ten.dam

Hi,

I have 2 tables, test1 and test2, both under TC and in GIT, checkin. I made script:

drop table test1

/

drop table test2

/

If I run this script with F5 it gives an error message in the log, that " TABLE1 is locked by another user".

If I run the 1th statement with F9, it gives the checkout Window (question, is it necessary?), and the object is dropped.

If I delete the 2nd drop, then F5 works the same as F9. So the 2nd statement makes the script not working.

Herald

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

John,

it was me in the same TOAD all day long. TC shows the table as checked-in, which is good. Then I run the script. There is no popup message but just a message in the log window. So the script runs not, but if I select 1th statement and runs with F9 it drops. So nobody else doing something in this database or even schema. I’m on the moment the only developer :wink:

Herald

Hey Herald,

The issue with F9 executing the drop without TC interaction may be an issue – I’ll have to take a look into that.

I would suggest trying Monday’s beta. The changes I made today may have fixed the error message you’re receiving.

-John

From: herald.ten.dam [mailto:bounce-heraldtendam@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 1:25 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] drop table difference between F5 and F9 in TC

RE: drop table difference between F5 and F9 in TC

Reply by herald.ten.dam

John,

it was me in the same TOAD all day long. TC shows the table as checked-in, which is good. Then I run the script. There is no popup message but just a message in the log window. So the script runs not, but if I select 1th statement and runs with F9 it drops. So nobody else doing something in this database or even schema. I’m on the moment the only developer :wink:

Herald

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.